Birds will be brought to Evanston, Lincoln Park and The House of Glunz for pick-up Saturday before Thanksgiving. Birds will be at Geneva for pick-up on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Please plan on a check or cash for any balance as we canít take credit cards at the pickup locations.
We send a reminder e-mail confirming the pickup date and location you select so make sure our e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org, is not blocked. If you have any questions, contact us by e-mail or by phoning (217) 762-7767 before the pickup weekend.
1) The Prairie Fruits Farm pickup will be Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2014 from 4:00 to 6:00 PM in conjunction with their CSA pickup. Prairie Fruits Farm is at 3310 N. Lincoln Ave., Champaign IL. Come pickup your Bourbon Red turkey and stock up on local cheese.
2) The Lincoln Park pickup will be Saturday, Nov. 22, 2014 in conjunction with Chicago's Green City Market. The Winter Market will be at The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, 2430 N. Cannon Drive, Chicago, IL 60614 (northwest corner of Fullerton Parkway and Cannon Drive in Lincoln Park). Please plan to pickup between 8:00 AM - 12:00 noon.
3) The House of Glunz, 1206 N. Wells St. Chicago, will host a pickup Saturday, Nov. 22, 2014 from 3:00 -5:00 PM during The House of Glunz Saturday Tasting. Pick-up your heritage bird & grab some great wine with one stop.
4) The Evanston pickup will be Saturday, Nov. 22, 2014, at the Holiday Market held at the Immanuel Lutheran Church, 616 Lake St. (not the summer Farmers Market location). We will be in the side parking lot accessed from Sherman. Please plan to pickup between 8:00 AM -12:00 noon.
5) The Geneva pickup will be at Rustic Road Farm on Sunday, Nov. 23, 2014. Note this is a different location for the Geneva area. The Farm is located at 1N292 Brundige Road, Elburn IL, just west of Randall Road on Highway 38. Please plan to pickup between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
6) You may pickup at Caveny Farm after Nov. 1, 2014 by emailing us or calling (217) 762-7767 to arrange a mutually convenient date & time. There is a $9 credit per turkey for on-farm pickup. No on-farm pickup Nov 22-23 since Chicago area pickups are that weekend. Our Farm is located at 1999 N 935 East Road, Monticello, IL 61856, about 20 miles west of Champaign-Urbana.
Preorder Caveny Farm Bourbon Red turkeys for pickup before Thanksgiving or Christmas. All turkeys are pre-sold. No additional birds are available at pickup. Processing is done at an inspected plant in an Amish community. All turkeys are processed shortly before pickup and delivered flash-frozen for peak flavor.
The facility processing our turkeys (and much of the turkeys raised by small Illinois farmers) will not clean gizzards. This is good news for those not using the extra bits stuck in the bird as they no longer pay for them. It is bad news for giblet gravy lovers but outside our control.
Caveny Farm delivers to select local & Chicago farmerís markets for pickup for the holidays. Or choose on-farm pickup and get a $9 credit per bird! Order your Heritage turkey for Thanksgiving or Christmas now before some sizes sell out!